DA RULES?! Nov 19, 2011 14:47:16 GMT -5
Post by LUNA on Nov 19, 2011 14:47:16 GMT -5
Yes, rules. The bane of every roleplayer's existence. Nobody ever likes to read through 'em, but they are necessary to bring order to chaos - or to prevent chaos from the outset. Please make sure to read all the rules thoroughly![/size]
1. This is the most important rule. Respect. Here, respect is a huge thing. Respect everyone; the staff, the members, the guests, everyone.[/size]
2. When registering, you can sign up using any name, though we'd prefer it if you kept it simple and similar to your characters name. As soon as you're registered, change your display name to your characters first and last name in ALL CAPS, such as: ELENA GILBERT. No punctuation in your display name is allowed, and neither are numbers. Just the name, please.
3. From the day you've registered, you have three days to post an application. Once you've posted it, you have five days to complete it. The applications aren't too long or too hard, so it shouldn't take that long to finish. If you're going to be away and won't be able to finish your application within the allotted time, either PM a staff member or post on your app to say so. If you haven't posted your app after three days, your account will be deleted. If you haven't finished your app after five days, it will be moved to the archives and your account will be deleted.
4. Please check the face claim before posting your application! Certain playbys are not usable by OCs simply because they're canon faces. We only allow anime/manga face claims to be used as playbys, including those from video games (but please be sure to only use fanart that is done in 2D). No internet famous people or people who have specifically requested their faces not be used. If the face claim you wanted to use is taken, you can PM the person using and ask if they mind being a twin. If they say no, then pick another playby. This is a first come, first served system. However, you can reserve a playby for a few days beforehand!
5. If you're going to be away for more than a week, or if your posting speed is going to be down, please post in the absences board so we know. If you just disappear for two weeks without a notice, your account will be deleted and your playby and/or canon will be up for grabs.
6. Nobody's perfect and neither is your character. When applying, please give your characters flaws and whatnot. If you want to make sure your character isn't a perfect character, or a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu, then google Mary-Sue and take the tests that come up!
7. This is a M site, however there are some restrictions. Swearing is tolerated, but not to be used excessively. Also, if you want to have sex scenes then you must put '[m]' in the title of your thread or if that doesn't fit PM an admin. Your thread will then be moved to a password protected board, and participants will be PMed the password. All of this only applies to those who are an appropriate age. If you are not, then you must use the fade to black policy. No exceptions.
8. There is no character limit. However, you are solely responsible for keeping each character active. And, you have to alternate every character. Also, be diverse with the species of your character. For example, you couldn't create two manaketes straight after each other. And, for every guy you make, the next character has to be a girl. For every girl you make, the next character has to be a guy. This keeps species and gender rations even.
9. Have fun! This is all supposed to be a good time for everyone. It's what we're here for at the end of the day, right?
1. When roleplaying, please keep in mind we have a minimum word count of 300 words. This is an intermediate to advanced site, so please keep that in mind when joining.[/size]
2. Please roleplay in past tense, third person. Unless in an IM thread or something similar, it should be formatted as is stated above.
3. Liquid time is allowed here. That means you can be in as many threads in as many different times at one that you want to! Please try to keep it in the same in character month though, which can be found under the setting area of the sidebars.
4. Absolutely no god-modding or power-playing. You should all know what this means, so I won't go into depth about them, but basically no controlling the other person's character and no all powerful characters.
5. If you want your character to die or get pregnant or something along those lines, there are a few conditions. First, you must be an active roleplayer with at least 20 posts, not just in game threads and plotters. We will be checking. Second, if asking for your character to be murdered, you must have a willing roleplayer who will do it. This roleplayer cannot be you, obviously. This will need to be roleplayed out, as well. If you want to become pregnant, you need to have someone who will be the father, even if nobody knows who the father is. Thirdly, you must PM a staff member beforehand and wait for us to give the okay. If your request is rejected, try again after a month has passed.
6. We do encourage the use of thread templates to make your posts look more attractive, but they're not necessary. However, using blockquotes at the least is very much appreciated. If you would like to get a template, a good site to try is CAUTION 2.0 or A THOUSAND FIREFLIES, though you do have to make an account to get the coding.
7. The secret phrase is 'glabargle muffin'. Depending on which application you choose to use, you might have to just write it in at the end of your application. An application will not be accepted without this secret phrase, and will be considered incomplete until it is put in.
1. We encourage people to pop in the cbox and say hello, even if you aren't joining! We love to talk and if you want to ask a question there, I'm sure someone will be happy to reply!
2. There is to be no bullying on this site. Absolutely no bullying. If anyone gets wind of any bullying going on or you are being bullied, PM a staff member immediately and the situation will be dealt with.
3. We understand that sometimes people simply clash and you don't get on. In such a case, we would advise you to avoid this person as much as possible. If you find yourselves having to roleplay together, keep it polite, people. Arguing will not be tolerated.
1. Everyone must have either a signature or avatar, though both are better! People would like to know what your character looks like while roleplaying with them!
2. Maximum avatar size is 100x100. The board will automatically resize anything bigger than that.
3. Minimum signature is 400x200 and maximum is 500x200. Anywhere in between is fine.
4. If you can't make graphics, CAUTION and ATF are good sites to find pre-mades or to request some yourself! There is also a place on here for graphic shops where people are willing to make you one, so don't give up!